Stay up-to-date with North Carolina small game issues and wildlife habitat information in the Upland Gazette newsletter!
The Fall 2016 Issue
of the Upland Gazette is now available along with all past issues at the links below. Articles in the current issue include:
• A summary of research designed to determine factors involved in returning quail to agricultural landscapes.
• A description of efforts to purchase and manage elk habitat in western North Carolina.
• An article about research designed to learn about habitat factors determining Bachman’s sparrows’ ability to attract mates and fledge offspring in southeastern North Carolina.
• A look at efforts to return white-tailed deer to the Cherokee Indian Reservation in western North Carolina.
• The story of a gentleman and his love of beagles and rabbit hunting in Columbus County.
• And, the third installment in our series describing the different Programs that make up the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission. This feature focuses on the Wildlife Diversity Program which works to keep species from becoming threatened or endangered.
Please look for future issues here on our website and consider subscribing to Wildlife in North Carolina Magazine, which includes the Upland Gazette in its Spring and Fall Guides.
We hope you enjoy the Upland Gazette!
Upland Gazette Editor and Supervising Wildlife Biologist