RALEIGH, N.C. (April 14, 2014) — The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission is conducting three prescribed burns today in parts of Halifax, Richmond and Wake Counties.
WHAT: Prescribed burns to reduce pine litter and undesired vegetation, and to stimulate growth of native vegetation to benefit wildlife.
WHEN: April 14.
WHERE: Three locations:
- 150 acres on Tillery Game Land near community of Tillery in Halifax Co.;
- 108 acres on Sandhills Game Land near Rockingham in Richmond Co.; and
- 239 acres on Butner-Falls Game Land near Butner in Wake Co.
- Andrew Mynatt (Tillery Game Land): 252-536-1372
- Chris Jordan (Sandhills Game Land): 910-638-3984
- Brandon Minor (Butner-Falls Game Land): 919-928-4223