RALEIGH, N.C. (April 17, 2014) — The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission is conducting three prescribed burns today in parts of Richmond and Caswell counties.
WHAT: Prescribed burns to reduce pine litter and undesired vegetation, and to stimulate growth of native vegetation to benefit wildlife.
WHEN: April 17.
WHERE: Three locations:
· 108 acres on Sandhills Game Land near Rockingham in Richmond County.;
· 259 acres on Derby Road near Field Trial Area in Richmond County; and
· 347 acres on Caswell Game Land, 1 mile south of Yanceyville off Hwy. 62
· Chris Jordan (Sandhills Game Land and Derby Road): 910-638-3984
· Brandon Minor (Caswell Game Land): 919-928-4223