FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (April 5, 2013) — The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission is offering eight fishing-related events, clinics and workshops in April and May at the John E. Pechmann Fishing Education Center in Fayetteville.
All events, clinics and workshops are free and open to the public, unless otherwise noted. For fishing events and clinics, loaner rods and reels are available free of charge on a first-come,first-serve basis and bait is provided.
- April 10 – Wounded Warriors Fly-Fishing Clinic from 1-5 p.m. This clinic is open to all soldiers, both active and retired, and their families.
- April 10 – N.C. Wildlife Federation meeting from 6 to 7:30 p.m. This is the first meeting of the Wildlife Federation’s newest chapter, Fayetteville Increasing Sustainable Habitat, or F.I.S.H.
- April 13 – Kayak Fish and Float Workshop from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pre-registration is required. Contact Thomas Carpenter at 910-868-5003, ext. 15, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- May 5 – Ducks Unlimited Greenwing Fishing Event from 2-5 p.m. This fishing event is open to children ages 15 and younger. Pre-registration is required. A $20 fee, which is due at the time of registration, covers a rod-and-reel combo that children can take home, bait and lunch.
- May 8 – Wounded Warriors Fly-Fishing Clinic from 1-5 p.m. This clinic is open to all soldiers, both active and retired, and their families.
- May 8 – N.C. Wildlife Federation F.I.S.H. meeting from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- May 11 – Mother and Family Fishing Day from 9 a.m. to noon. This fishing event is open to children and their families in celebration of Mother’s Day.
- May 18 – Basic Fly-Tying Course from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. This basic skills workshop for adults (16 years and older) will cover the fundamentals of tying flies. Pre-registration is required.
For events and workshops requiring pre-registration, contact Kristopher Smith, Pechmann Center director, at 910-868-5003, ext. 14, or email@example.com, unless otherwise noted.
The John E. Pechmann Fishing Education Center is located at 7489 Raeford Road, across from Lake Rim. Wildlife Commission staff at the Pechmann Center conducts fishing workshops, events and clinics throughout the year. Most programs are free and open to the public. Visit the Learning page, for more information about the Pechmann Center, or for a list of clinics and workshops being conducted at the Commission's other three education centers in Corolla, Pisgah Forest and Raleigh.
For more information on fishing in public, inland waters, visit the fishing page