Mobile Deer Cooler Request
Event Start Date: 9/29/2021 7:00 AM
Event End Date: 10/4/2021 2:45 PM
Hydro Wildlife Depot
52118 Hwy 731
Norwood, NC 28128
Patrick Yarboro: 704-292-8768, email@example.com or
Tracy Parsons: 704-292-0312 or 704-292-0312, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This is an application only. Your request is not approved until it has been reviewed by NCWRC and you receive a confirmation of the approval.
The NC Wildlife Federation has generously donated a Mobile Deer Cooler to the NC Wildlife Resources Commission to be used by public agencies, qualifying conservation and charitable organizations, and organized hunt clubs to safely collect and ethically transport deer from the field to a participating processor for donation to the NC Hunters for the Hungry program.
Please use this application to reserve this cooler for your organized event.
One in four children in NC lack consistent access to quality food. An average of 160 meals can be delivered with each deer donated. Thank you for making a difference in NC!
This application form must be filled out completely, submitted, and approved prior to using the Mobile Deer Cooler.
1. Represent a qualifying organization (public agency, non-profit conservation or charitable organization or organized hunt club).
2. Use cooler only for the temporary storage and transport of legally harvested deer to a participating NC Hunters for the Hungry (NCHFTH) processor.
3. Acknowledge the Mobile Deer Cooler use liability waiver which includes a responsibility for damages and replacement of used/damaged/lost items statement (below) and sign the form provided at time of pickup.
4. Be at least 25 years old, hold a safe driving record, provide proof of a valid driver’s license and proof that the vehicle used to tow this unit is fully insured. Photocopies must be provided prior to release of the Mobile Deer Cooler.
5. Ensure that the vehicle used to tow the Mobile Deer Cooler meets all requirements specified for towing a minimum: 500 lb. tongue weight, 7,000 lbs. overall; 1/2 ton or equivalently rated vehicle with standard 2" ball hitch and 12-volt 7-pin wiring harness plug (for lights and electric trailer brakes).
6. Ensure that one of the following site of event power sources are available before condenser unit is used: minimum 20 amp/208 V AC (power cord provided); or 5,000 watt generator with minimum 20 amp 3-prong receptacle (provided by the user).
7. Thoroughly clean the cooler and replace used/damaged/lost cooler supplies before returning the unit.
8. On the application please enter the name of the responsible person. Please enter it as on drivers’ license. Responsible person is defined as that person who will insure and take responsibility of this unit. This individual must be at least 25 years old, hold a valid, current drivers’ license, a safe driving record, be fully insured, and be known to coordinators or agree to complete a background check.
9. Comprehensive insurance is required by the Responsible Person. This should include both miscellaneous type vehicle and coverage for rented vehicle endorsements.