If you have seen or harvested a sick deer, please call your local District Biologist or the Wildlife Management Division at 919-707-0050.
Signs to look for:
- Isolation from other animals
- Listlessness or showing little or no interest in their surroundings
- Lack of coordination
- Frequent lowering of the head
- Blank facial expressions
- Walking in set patterns
- Drooling and grinding of teeth
- Drinking lots of water and increased urination
- Low weight
For more information, see our Deer Diseases page.