This course is for the certification and re-certification of Wildlife Damage Control Agents (WDCA). The workshop will provide you with the rules and regulations that govern the WDCA program, information on euthanasia, safe handling of wildlife, and a variety of other information useful for WDCA’s. Agents must pass a closed book Certification examination and a background check prior to being certified. Once you have received notification of certification you may begin operating in a WDCA capacity. Thank you for expressing an interest in this course, however please understand that the demand for the Wildlife Damage Control Agent Certification Workshop is high. The course is filled on a first come first serve basis.
The workshop will be held at Bass Lake in Holly Springs, NC . Directions and information for Bass Lake can be found here. Lodging is not included in the registration fee.
| February 1, 2016
|| March 9-10, 2016 (Wednesday-Thursday)
| February 1, 2016
|| March 30-31, 2016 (Wednesday-Thursday)
| May 1, 2016
|| June 8-9, 2016 (Wednesday-Thursday)
| August 1, 2016
|| September 14-15, 2016 (Wednesday-Thursday)
How to Register
To secure your place in the workshop, complete the online registration form, including your non-refundable payment, and print out the 3 page background check authorization. You are required to fill out the first page of the background check authorization form, sign and date it, and return it by fax (919-707-0292) or mail at 1707 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-1700. Registration and payment must be received by the Class Registration Deadline. The registration fee for the workshop includes the Prevention and Control of Wildlife Damage on flash drive, Handbook of the Rules and Regulations governing Damage Control Agents, test, facility, lunch and refreshment breaks for both days.
Certification and Re-certification Course Important Information
- Classes will begin promptly at 8:00 am and end at 5:00. All attendees should be on site no later than 7:50 am. The actual check-in process may take some time due to the issuance of daily materials.
- Once you have taken the examination you will no longer be required to remain on site.
- No money will be accepted on the day of the class.
- Reminder: All registration fees are nonrefundable.
- There will be no additional registrants allowed into the class after the Class Registration Deadline for the course selected.