About the Green Growth Toolbox
The Green Growth Toolbox is a technical assistance tool designed to help communities conserve high quality habitats as communities and developers continue to build new homes, workplaces, and shopping centers.
The toolbox will help your community plan for growth in a way that will conserve your natural assets—fish, wildlife, plants, streams, forests, fields, and wetlands.
These methods include:
HOW IT WORKS
The Green Growth Toolbox consists of a handbook, packaged GIS dataset, training workshops and technical assistance. All resources are available for download from this website.
Training Workshops and Presentations
The Green Growth Toolbox is introduced to local government staff, advisory boards and consultants through a training workshop. Brief presentations can also be delivered to town councils, boards of commissioners and other decision makers. Local government officials or planning staff who want to use the Green Growth Toolbox should request a training workshop.
Local government officials and planning staff who have participated in the Green Growth training workshop are eligible for individualized technical guidance on the following topics:
- integrating the Green Growth dataset with your community’s GIS database
- creating habitat and natural resources maps for local planning
- non-regulatory review of conservation plans, land use plans, ordinances, policies and development designs
- incorporating habitat conservation into:
- land use plans
- policies and ordinances and
- development location, review and site design
- developing habitat management plans for parks and open space.
If you would like to schedule a workshop, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
This project is a cooperative, non-regulatory effort led by the Wildlife Diversity program of the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission.