To achieve “Green Growth,” communities need to use conservation data in planning activities. To start using the data:
- Download the Green Growth Toolbox dataset, and integrate the data with your community’s existing GIS database. Read section 2 of the handbook to learn about the dataset.
- Start using the data in visioning and plan-making—display the data on land use planning maps, and use these maps to help guide land use decision making
- Use the data in ordinance and rule-setting—display the data on zoning maps, and use these maps to help guide placement of zoning districts
- Use the data in development review—consult the data when reviewing development applications
For ArcGIS users:
- Click on the links below and download all files using the download instructions. You can view the data using the “ArcGIS GGT statewide map (.mxd)” linked below.
For non-GIS users:
- If you do not use GIS, you can still view the data using FREE ArcReader software.
- First, download all data files, including the “ArcReader GGT statewide map (.pmf)”. Be sure to follow the download instructions.
- Then, download the free ArcReader software package from the following website:
(Users should download the ArcReader 9.3.1 for Windows. An account with ESRI, the software provider, needs to be established at no cost and the software is free.)
You can then open the “ArcReader GGT statewide map (.pmf)” to view the data.