North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission

Private Stockings

Stocking Your Lake or Pond

The Wildlife Commission stocks only public fresh waters. Information on stocking private waters, including fish suppliers for private ponds, grass carp information and fish stocking permits, is available here.

Stocking Permits

Anyone interested in stocking inland, public fishing waters (public freshwaters) with fish, mollusks or crustaceans must obtain a stocking permit issued by the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission.